I’m tinkering around with Clojure at the moment and have found the tooling to be quite nice.
My setup is:
- VS Code running on my Windows 10 machine
- WSL 2 running Ubuntu 20.04
- Installed leiningen on Ubuntu
- Open VS Code and connect to the Ubuntu machine with the Remote - WSL plugin installed on Windows
- Install Calva on the Ubuntu side
- Open up your clojure project and then “jack in” to the repl with “Calva: Start A Project REPL and Connect” which you can find in the standard CTRL+SHIFT+P menu, select leiningen and you’re away.
Start running lines (forms) by selecting it with your cursor and hitting SHIFT+ENTER or by running “Calva: Evaluate Current Form” which will output in the REPL window on the right and show it next to the form in the text editor.
 - I imagine running it all on your local machine also works